The earth day blog post
I have written many blog post on how we can make the world a better place. But what do I practically do to contribute my share?
- I hate plastic bags. I have passed on the hatred to my family members and we have minimized the usage of plastic bags and we carry our own bags.
- I store old newspapers and ensure that I give it to the recyclers.
- Installed solar heater as an alternative for the electric geysers at home.
- Sunlight is abundant and we try to substitute it for electric lamps whenever and wherever possible.
- Papers that have been used or printed on one side are collected and used as scribble pads at home and in office.
- I read emails, PDF and Documents in my laptop or mobile and avoid taking printouts when necessary. Even I don’t take printouts of online movie tickets. I show them the email on mobile directly and many accept it.
- I check the taps around the house, regularly for leakage and fix them immediately.
- We have installed control valves for all taps and regulate optimal flow and save water wherever possible.
- I don’t use chemical fertilizers for the garden and I substitute it with natural composite fertilizers.
- I switch off my car at signal stops and traffic jams
- and I have mastered the technique to clean my car in 1 liter of water
I know that as a single person I can’t make a huge difference, but still when many hands join, the Earth can surely be a better place for the next generation.
Bonus: Here are a few interesting energy-saving gadgets.